You have 20+ plus students in class.
You’ve assigned a small project and want each student to give a small presentation to the class.
Students, or you, spend more time loading their presentation onto the computer than they do presenting.
The class grows restless.
You grow restless.
Sound familiar? Science teacher, Malinda Burk, found a solution. She used the “Reuse Slides” feature in PowerPoint® to combine all the students’ slides, including their custom backgrounds into a single presentation. She loaded it, each student presented using their slides and when they were finished they scrolled to the next slide which happened to be the title slide for the next student to present. No time was wasted and she could review each presentation later without having to open more than one file. Check out the nifty how-to video to see for yourself.
PowerPoint 2007 Directions
- Open a new file or the file you would like to add slides into
- Click on New Slide>Reuse Slides
- (On the right side of your screen) Click Browse>file
- Navigate to a file you would like to use
- Select the slide(s) you would like to include from the file and click to add them to your new master presentation
- Choose Browse>file again to select other files
Classroom Engagement Tip for February 12, 2009