ENGAGE! Career Exploration Curriculum (RC-08030)
• Well designed learning activities that truly engage students
• Step-by-step session plans – turn-key and ready to use
• Self-directed learning activities chosen by students – increase motivation instantly
• Instruction sheets and feedback rubrics for student projects
• End-of-module project-based assessment
• Self-assessments for 21st Century skill development
The ENGAGE! curriculum contributes a project-based approach to learning about careers using the States’ Career Clusters model. The curriculum design emphasizes sound instruction through a balance between teacher-guided and self-directed learning.
The curriculum is organized into four components – three units of instruction and a capstone unit with a variety of projects to choose from. Each unit includes teacher-guided sessions, self-directed learning sessions and an end-of-unit project sessions.
All sessions include student activity sheets sheets, teacher masters, PowerPoint slides, scoring rubrics and feedback guides for teachers. The capstone unit provides a group project guide where students continue learning about careers and 21st century employability skills. Students also build a portfolio throughout the course and are evaluated on their progress in developing relevant skills for careers in the 21st century.
CD-ROM Curriculum Includes:
• Users Guide: Insights on how to effectively use ENGAGE!
• Unit Guides: 3 Units, each with 12 to 21 50-minute sessions
• Capstone Project Guide
• Handouts, PowerPoints and assessments